- High school diploma or GED required. Technical Degree in Industrial Electrical, Controls, or Automation-based fields preferred.
- Four to Five years of related experience and/or training required. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Candidates with less experience may be considered for a lesser role with the intent of advancing to this role after specific training and experience requirements are met.
- Experience working with Electrical Distribution systems and wiring up to 480V required.
- Experience maintaining industrial automation processes utilizing Siemens 505 or S7 PLCs, Siemens AC Vector Drives, and/or Wonderware is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database and word processing software, as well as experience navigating in internet browsers and other similar systems. Drafting experience in Computer Automated Design software such as AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventory a plus; however, not required.
- Experience working in SAP or other Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) preferred.
- Position requires employees to work rotating shifts typically 12 hours in duration. Employees may occasionally be asked to perform ‘on call’ responsibilities in which they will be compensated for being available to work as-required within a 30-60 minute notice. Full details of on-call policy will be reviewed upon offer of employment.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, or crawl. Employees must also use hands to write, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- Employees are required to become certified to operate multiple kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts and man/personnel lifts. As such, employees will be required to enter and sit inside industrial vehicle cabs.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus in changing light/depth scenarios
- The job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical systems and around/near energized electrical systems while following necessary safety procedures and wearing appropriate PPE.
- Employees may be exposed to fumes, odors, and airborne particles. PPE will be required as necessary. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration, and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and hearing protection is provided and required to be worn at all times while working in the facility.